lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
Subject Re: solr doesn't start on tomcat on aws
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 09:56:41 GMT
On 15 May 2013 15:20, amit <amit.mallik@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am installing solr on tomcat7 in aws using bitmani tomcat stack.
[...]

If you are using the Bitnami stack, I would direct questions
to their forums. Having used Bitnami for AWS deployments,
we have gone back to rolling our own starting from a standard
Linux server AMI: Their customisations of locations and other
things seemed strange, and it turned out to be as much work
maintaining those.

We have been running Solr from 1.4 to 3.6 to 4.x on AWS
(now with Tomcat 7) without issues. Maybe I should take the
time to document this.

Regards,
Gora