lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solritas truncates content
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 01:45:32 GMT
#field is defined in conf/velocity/VM_global_library.vm as:

#macro(field $f)
  #if($response.response.highlighting.get($docId).get($f).get(0))
    #set($pad = "")
    #foreach($v in $response.response.highlighting.get($docId).get($f))
$pad$v##
      #set($pad = " ... ")
    #end
  #else
    #foreach($v in $doc.getFieldValues($f))
$v##
    #end
  #end
#end

It's a little ugly because it supports highlighting if a field has an values for that document
in the highlighting section of the response.

But if there is no highlighting, then it outputs each value of a field as-is from the response.
 Are you sure you're getting it truncated?  Try adding &wt=xml to the /browse requests
you're making and see if perhaps the actual value coming back from Solr is the same as what
you're seeing rendered.  Unless it's from highlighting, it should be the same.

	Erik