lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Question about attributes
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 22:31:04 GMT
Maybe you want to set the payload for each term, based on your animal
attribute. Then there is minimal support in Solr for payloads. There is no
immediate filter for capturing an arbitrary attribute.

Take a look at TypeAsPayloadTokenFilterFactory . You could do something
similar, like AnimalAsPayloadTokenFilterFactory or a generalized
AttributeAsPayloadTokenFilterFactory that takes the name of the attribute
("animal").

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Portegys
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 6:08 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Question about attributes

First time on forum.
We are planning to use Solr to house some data mining formation, and we are
thinking of using attributes to add some semantic information to indexed
content. As a test, I wrote a filter that adds an "animal" attribute to
tokens like "dog", "cat", etc. After adding a document with my field
(animal_text), the attribute shows up in the analysis tab for the
collection, so it seems to have been processed. What I'm not sure of is how
attributes are surfaced in the index for search, either via an URL or
programmatically. Any advice is appreciated.