lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr 4.3, Tomcat, "Error filterStart"
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 19:34:20 GMT
On 5/30/2013 1:19 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> Okay, sadly, i still can't get this to work.
>
> Following the instructions at:
> https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging#Using_the_example_logging_setup_in_containers_other_than_Jetty
>

> I copied solr/example/lib/ext/*.jar into my tomcat's ./lib, and copied
> solr/example/resources/log4j.properties there too.
>
> The result is unchanged, when I start tomcat, it still says:

OK, at this point, you've got Solr's logging configured, but your tomcat
log won't be used -- the default logging destination has changed to log4j.

You might need to edit the log4j.properties file so that it points at a
location that exists - the default is logs/solr.log, relative to the
current working directory of the tomcat process.

Once the log4j destination gets created properly, you can look there for
Solr's logs, which will hopefully give you additional insight.

If you want it to work with tomcat exactly how it did before, then you
can go back to the old logging method (java.util.logging) with another
section on that page:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging#Switching_from_Log4J_back_to_JUL_.28java.util.logging.29

Thanks,
Shawn