lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: disaster recovery scenarios for solr cloud and zookeeper
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 00:52:10 GMT
> Ideally, the Solr nodes should be able to continue as long as no node fails. Failure
of a leader would be bad, failure of non-leader replicas might cause some timeouts, but could
be survivable.

> Of course, nodes could not be added.

I have read a few things that say things go read only when the zookeeper
ensemble loses quorum.  I'm not sure whether that means that Solr goes
read only or zookeeper goes read only.  I would be interested in knowing
exactly what happens when zookeeper loses quorum as well as what happens
if all three (or more) zookeeper nodes in the ensemble go away entirely.

I have a SolrCloud I can experiment with, but I need to find a
maintenance window for testing, so I can't check right now.

Thanks,
Shawn