lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Patanachai Tangchaisin <patanachai.tangchai...@wizecommerce.com>
Subject Re: socket write error
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 18:54:23 GMT
Hi,

First, which version of Solr are you using?

I also has 60 shards+ on Solr 4.2.1 and it doesn't seems to be a problem
for me.

- Make sure you use POST to send a query to Solr.
- 'connection reset by peer' from client can indicate that there is
something wrong with server e.g. server closes a connection etc.

--
Patanachai

On 05/02/2013 05:05 AM, Dmitry Kan wrote:
> After some searching around, I see this:
>
> http://search-lucene.com/m/ErEZUl7P5f2/%2522socket+write+error%2522&subj=Long+list+of+shards+breaks+solrj+query
>
> Seems like this has happened in the past with large amount of shards.
>
> To make it clear: the distributed search works with 20 shards.
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Dmitry Kan <solrexpert@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> We have solr router and shards. I see this in jetty log on the router:
>>
>> May 02, 2013 1:30:22 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
>> executeWithRetry
>> INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing
>> request: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
>>
>> and then:
>>
>> May 02, 2013 1:30:22 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
>> executeWithRetry
>> INFO: Retrying request
>>
>> followed by exception about Internal Server Error
>>
>> any ideas why this happens?
>>
>> We run 80+ shards distributed across several servers. Router runs on its
>> own node.
>>
>> Is there anything in particular I should be looking into wrt ubuntu socket
>> settings? Is this a known issue for solr's distributed search from the past?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dmitry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE