lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From smanad <sma...@gmail.com>
Subject Scheduling DataImports
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 19:36:28 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Solr and recently started exploring it for search/sort needs in
our webapp.
I have couple of questions as below, (I am using solr 4.2.1 with default
core named collection1)
1. We have a use case where we would like to index data every 10 mins (avg).
Whats the best way to schedule data import every 10 mins or so? cron job?
2. Also, We are indexing data returned from an api which returns different
cache ttls. How can I re-index after ttl its expired? some process which
polls for the expiring soon entries and issues data-import command?

Any pointers will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
-M