lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From vsilgalis <vsilga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Ensemble Startup Parameters For SolrCloud?
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 20:18:20 GMT
As an example, I have 9 SOLR nodes (3 clusters of 3) using different versions
of SOLR (4.1, 4.1, and 4.2.1), utilizing the same zookeeper ensemble (3
servers), using chroot for the different configs across clusters.

My zookeeper servers are just VMs, dual-core with 1GB of RAM and are only
used for SOLRCloud

JVM settings for zookeeper for heap size are start 256MB and max heap size
of 512MB or: -Xms256m -Xmx512m

I have never seen it use more than the specified start heap size of 256MB.