lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From heaven <aheave...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ColrCloud: IOException occured when talking to server at
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 12:07:46 GMT
Forget to mention Solr is 4.2 and zookepeer 3.4.5

I do not do manual commits and prefer softCommit each second and autoCommit
each 3 minutes.

the problem happened again, lots of errors in logs and no description.
Cluster state changed, on the shard 2 replica became a leader, former leader
get in to recovering mode.
The error happened when
1. Shard1 tried to forward an update to Shard2, and this was the initial
error From Shard2:
ClusterState says we are the leader,​ but locally we don't think so
2. Shard2 forwarded the update to the Replica2 and get:
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Request says it is coming from
leader,​ but we are the leader

Please see attachments

Topology:
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4061839/Topology_new.png>
Shard1:
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4061839/Shard1_new.png>
Replica1:
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4061839/Replica1_new.png>
Shard2:
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4061839/Shard2_new.png>
Replica2:
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4061839/Replica2_new.png>

All errors from the screenshots appears each time the server load gets
higher. Only I started a few more queue workers, load gets higher and
cluster becomes unstable. So I have doubts about reliability. Could any docs
be lost during these errors or should I just ignore those?

I understand that 4 solr instances and 3 zookeeper could be too many for a
single machine, there could be not enough resources, etc. But anyway it
should not cause anything like that. The worst scenario there should be is a
timeout error, when Solr not responding and my queue processors could handle
that and resend a request after a while.