lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject ANNOUNCE: Stump The Chump - streaming live from San Diego
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:58:38 GMT

In ~48 Hours, I'll be doing a "Stump The Chump" session at Lucene/Solr
Revolution in San Diego.  For the first time ever this session will be
streamed live on the web so people all over the world can laugh at me in
real time...

 	http://www.lucenerevolution.org/2013/stump-the-chump
 	http://bit.ly/17tXC7j - Start time in your time zone

If you aren't familiar with "Stump The Chump" it is a Q&A style session
where I (the Chump) get put on the hot seat to answer tough / interesting
/ unusual questions about Solr -- live, on stage, in front of hundreds of
people who are laughing at me, with judges who have all seen and thought
about the questions in advance and get to mock me and make me look bad.

It's a blast.

Anyone can participate by emailing stump@lucenerevolution.org in advance
with your challenging Solr question.  Regardless of whether you are
attending the conference, regardless of whether you already found a
solution to a tough problem, you can submit your "stumper" and see what
kind of creative solution I might come up with under pressure.  The judges
will be awarding prizes based on the questions that stump me the most.

The stream will be available on the lucenerevolution.org session URL
(above) and an archive of the video will be posted online at some point
soon after the con.  More details and links to videos of past sessions are
available on SearchHub...

 	http://searchhub.org/tag/chump/

-Hoss