lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Update Request Processor Chains
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:07:23 GMT

: I am trying to understand update request processor chains. Do they runs one
: by one when indexing a ducument? Can I identify multiple update request
: processor chains? Also what are that LogUpdateProcessorFactory and
: RunUpdateProcessorFactory?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

"solrconfig.xml files can contain any number of UpdateRequestProcessorChains..."

"Once one or more update chains are defined, you may select one on the
update request through the parameter update.chain"

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_2_1/solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/LogUpdateProcessorFactory.html

" This keeps track of all commands that have passed through the chain and
prints them on finish(). At the Debug (FINE) level, a message will be
logged for each command prior to the next stage in the chain. "

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_2_1/solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/RunUpdateProcessorFactory.html

"Executes the update commands using the underlying UpdateHandler. Allmost
all processor chains should end with an instance of
RunUpdateProcessorFactory unless the user is explicitly executing the
update commands in an alternative custom UpdateRequestProcessorFactory"

-Hoss