lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Della Bitta <michael.della.bi...@appinions.com>
Subject stupid collection tricks
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 17:56:30 GMT
Hi,

I've been shuffling things around in our Solr Cloud for the past few
weeks, and now some cruft has accrued, probably from not having done
things in the proper way.

Now I have two (obsolete) collections I want to delete, but none of
the hosts that are marked as having hosted it are around anymore.
Running a DELETE from the collections api doesn't seem to do
something, probably because no hosts exist that can be considered
leaders for each of the shards of those two collections.

Additionally, I have a few shards that have the names of former hosts
registered, and I'd like to remove them.

Is there an easy way to do this? Do I need to manually edit
clusterstate.json somehow?

I should mention that everything's running 4.2.1 now.

Thanks,

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions
18 East 41st Street, 2nd Floor