lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Cloud OR Load Balancing
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 23:15:20 GMT
Without having any numbers from your env, I'll go with saying
"SolrCloud is good for live usage". 4.3 will be out shortly.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM, Cool Techi <cooltechie@outlook.com> wrote:
> We are currently using Solr 3.6 with 1:1 replication on our production servers, but now
out data has increased a lot and were looking to migrate to something more scalable.

> We have been experimenting with Solr Cloud over the past 2 months and noticed servers
issues, most of them have been fixed in the version releases but some am not sure of, like
> Docs missing in replica's of a shard.
> Giving this what would the recommendation be, should we use solr4.2 with replication
and load balancing using HA proxy so that we dont run into issue OR do we think Solr Cloud
is good for live usage.