lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which tokenizer or analizer should use and field type
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:14:39 GMT
try executing these with &debug=all and examine the resulting parsed query,
that'll show you exactly how the query is parsed.

Also, the query language is not strictly boolean, see:
http://searchhub.org/2011/12/28/why-not-and-or-and-not/

The first thing I would try would be to parenthesize explicitly as

keyword:((assistant AND coach) OR (iit AND kanpur))

Best
Erick