lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory on some faceting queries
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 08:02:39 GMT
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Toke Eskildsen <te@statsbiblioteket.dk> wrote:
>> However, once per day I would like to facet on the text field,
>> which is a free-text field usually around 1 KiB (about 100 words), in
>> order to determine what the top keywords / topics are. That query
>> would take up to 200 seconds to run, [...]
>
> If that query is somehow part of your warming, then I am surprised that
> search has worked at all with your commit frequency. That would however
> explain your OOM if you have multiple warmups running at the same time.

No, the 'heavy facet' is not part of the warming. I run it at most
once per day, at the end of the day. Solr is not shut down daily.

> It sounds like TermsComponent would be a better fit for getting top
> topics: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent

I had once looked at TermsComponent, but I think that I eliminated it
as a possibility because I actually need the top keywords related to a
specific keyword. For instance, I need to know which words are most
commonly used with the word "coffee".

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il