lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From William Bell <billnb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 08:37:41 GMT
Guys,

Getting results to return with higher or lower precedence has to do with
relative scores.

For example

I want exact match to be scored highest and then text matching. You
generally use a copyField into 2 or more fields and set up different
fieldType and then boost one field over the other.

So for exact match I would setup lowercase fieldtype and the other would be
text.

Then I would also boost each like: field1^1 fields2^.1