lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Furkan KAMACI <furkankam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to use replicationFactor and maxShardsPerNode at SolrCloud?
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:24:41 GMT
Sorry but if I have 10 shards and a collection with replication factor of 1
and if I start up 30 nodes what happens to that last 10 nodes? I mean:

10 nodes as leader
10 nodes as replica

if I don't specify replication factor there was going to be a round robin
system that assigns other 10 machine as:
+ 10 nodes as replica

However what will happen to that 10 nodes when I specify replication factor?