lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Furkan KAMACI <furkankam...@gmail.com>
Subject Where to use replicationFactor and maxShardsPerNode at SolrCloud?
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:51:11 GMT
I know that: when using SolrCloud we define the number of shards into the
system. When we start up new Solr instances each one will be a a leader for
a shard, and if I continue to start up new Solr instances (that has
exceeded the number number of shards) each one will be a replica for each
leader as a round robin process.

However when I read wiki there are two parameters: *replicationFactor *and *
maxShardsPerNode.

*1) Can you give details about what are they. If all newly added Solr
instances becomes a replica what is that replication factor for?
2) If what I wrote is true about that round robin process what is that *
maxShardsPerNode*? How can be more than one shard at the system I described?