lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Boost parameter with query function - how to pass in complex params?
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:47:41 GMT
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM, dc tech <dctech1000@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yonik:
> Pasted the wrong URL as I was trying various things.
>
> I did not work with OR
> http://localhost:8983/solr/cars/select?fl=text,score&defType=edismax&q=suv&boost=query($boostq,1)&boostq=toyota%20OR%20honda&debug=true
>
> See dumps below.
[...]
> <str name="parsedquery_toString">
> boost(+(text:suv),query(text:toyota text:honda,def=1.0))

It looks like the query parsing is working fine.

When you say "The scores stay at the baseline suggesting no match on
the boostQ", perhaps they are still getting a boost, but just not as
big when you used the boost terms separately because of the coord (the
"coordination factor" in a boolean query that makes docs matching
fewer terms have a lower score).

Why don't you try lowering the default score from 1.0 to 0.1 - this
should give a bigger relative boost to documents that match the boost
query.

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com