lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does solr cloud support rename or swap function for collection?
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 00:29:22 GMT
It's pretty simple - just as Brad said, it's just

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATEALIAS&name=alias&collections=collection1,collection2,…

You also have action=DELETEALIAS

CREATEALIAS will create and update.

For update requests, you only want a 1to1 alias. For read requests, you can map 1to1 or 1toN.

I've also started work on shard level aliases, but I've yet to get back to finishing it.

- Mark

On Apr 7, 2013, at 5:10 PM, Tim Vaillancourt <tim@elementspace.com> wrote:

> I aim to use this feature in more in testing soon. I'll be sure to doc what I can.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim
>
> On 07/04/13 12:28 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
>> On Apr 7, 2013, at 9:44 AM, bradhill99<bradhill99@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Mark for this great feature but I suggest you can update the wiki
>>> too.
>>
>> Yeah, I've stopped updating the wiki for a while now looking back - paralysis on
how to handle versions (I didn't want to do the std 'this applies to 4.1', 'this applied to
4.0' all over the page) and the current likely move to a new Confluence wiki with Docs based
on documentation LucidWorks recently donated to the project.