lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: fuzzy search issue with PatternTokenizer Factory
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:06:43 GMT
Give us some examples of tokens that you are expecting that pattern to
tokenize. And express the pattern in simple English as well. Some some
actual input data.

I suspect that Solr is working fine - but you may not have precisely
specified your pattern. But we don't know what your pattern is supposed to
recognize.

Maybe some of your previous hits had punctuation adjacent to to the terms
that your pattern doesn't recognize.

And use the Solr Admin UI Analysis page to see how your sample input data is
analyzed.
One other thing... without a "group", the pattern specifies what delimiter
sequence will "split" the rest of the input into tokens. I suspect you
didn't mean this.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: meghana
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 9:01 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: fuzzy search issue with PatternTokenizer Factory

I m using Solr4.2 , I have changed my text field definition, to use the
Solr.PatternTokenizerFactory instead of Solr.StandardTokenizerFactory , and
changed my schema defination as below

<fieldType name="text_token" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
       <tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory"
pattern="[^a-zA-Z0-9&amp;\-']|\d{0,4}s:" />
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="false" />

      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
       <tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory"
pattern="[^a-zA-Z0-9&amp;\-']|\d{0,4}s:" />
words="stopwords_extra_query.txt" enablePositionIncrements="false" />
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

after doing so, fuzzy search do not seems to working properly as it was
working before.

I m searching with search term : worde~1

on search , before it was returning , around 300 records , but now its
returning only 5 records. not sure what can be issue.

Can anybody help me to make it work!!