lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Some Questions About Using Solr as Cloud
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2013 23:59:21 GMT
There are no masters or slaves in SolrCloud - it's fully distributed. Some
cluster nodes will be "leaders" (of the shard on that node) at a given point
in time, but different nodes may be leaders at different points in time as
they become "elected".

In a distributed cluster you would never want to store documents only on one
node. Sure, you can do that by setting the replication factor to 1, but that
defeats half the purpose for SolrCloud.

Index transfer is automatic - SolrCloud supports fully distributed update.

You might be getting confused with the old "Master-Slave-Replication" model
that Solr had (and still has) which is distinct from SolrCloud.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Furkan KAMACI
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:45 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Some Questions About Using Solr as Cloud

I read wiki and reading SolrGuide of Lucidworks. However I want to clear
something in my mind. Here are my questions:

1) Does SolrCloud lets a multi master design (is there any document that I
can read about it)?
2) Let's assume that I use multiple cores i.e. core A and core B. Let's
assume that there is a document just indexed at core B. If I send a search
request to core A can I get result?
3) When I use multi master design (if exists) can I transfer one master's
index data into another (with its slaves or not)?
4) When I use multi core design can I transfer one index data into another
core or anywhere else?

By the way thanks for the quick responses and kindness at mail list.