lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Is there a way to load multiple schema when using zookeeper?
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:03:43 GMT
On 4/23/2013 1:46 PM, Furkan KAMACI wrote:
> If I have a Zookeper Cluster for my Hbase Cluster already, can I use same
> Zookeper cluster for my SolrCloud too?

Yes, you can.  It is strongly recommended that you use a chroot with the
zkHost parameter if you are sharing zookeeper.  It's a really good idea
to use a chroot even if you're not sharing.  Here's an example zkHost
parameter with a chroot of /mysolr.

zoo1.example.com:2181,zoo2.example.com:2181,zoo3.example.com:2181/mysolr

You only specify the chroot once at the end, not on every host entry.
This information is also in the zookeeper documentation.

Thanks,
Shawn