lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: using maven to deploy solr on tomcat
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:03:54 GMT
On 4/16/2013 8:47 AM, Adeel Qureshi wrote:
> the problem is i need to deploy it on servers where i dont know what the
> absolute path will be .. basically my goal is to load solr with a different
> set of configuration files based on the environment its in. Is there a a
> better different way to do this

If you have zero control over the target machine, then you might have to
live with your solr home being dictated by the location of the servlet
container - tomcat in this case.  If you change the tomcat startup
script to use a different CWD and set TOMCAT_HOME so tomcat works, that
might be the solution - but I don't know what effect that might have on
spring or other applications.

I see two real options other than changing the startup script:

1) Go with an absolute path like "C:\main\resources\solr-dev" or perhaps
"/main/resources/solr-dev" if you also don't know the OS platform.  Tell
the server owners that you will require a specific directory location
for the Solr data.

2) Utilize ".." which gives you something like
"../../main/resources/solr-dev" for your solr home.

Thanks,
Shawn