lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Document adds, deletes, and commits ... a question about visibility.
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:57:31 GMT
Simple question first: Is there anything in SolrJ that prevents indexing
more than 500 documents in one request? I'm not aware of anything
myself, but a co-worker remembers running into something, so his code is
restricting them to 490 docs.  The only related limit I'm aware of is
the POST buffer size limit, which defaults in recent Solr versions to 2MiB.

A more complex question: If I am doing both deletes and adds in separate
update requests, and I want to ensure that a delete in the next request
can delete a document that I am adding in the current one, do I need to
commit between the two requests?  This is probably more of a Lucene
question than Solr, but Solr is what I'm using.

To simplify:  Let's say I start with an empty index.  I add documents
"a" and "b" in one request ... then I send a deleteByQuery request for
"a" "c" and "e".  If I don't do a commit between these two requests,
will "a" still be in the index when I commit after the second request?
If so, would there be an easy fix?

Thanks,
Shawn