lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tim Vaillancourt <...@elementspace.com>
Subject Re: Does solr cloud support rename or swap function for collection?
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 06:41:48 GMT
I added a brief description on CREATEALIAS here, feel free to tweak:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Managing_collections_via_the_Collections_API

Tim

On 07/04/13 05:29 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> It's pretty simple - just as Brad said, it's just
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATEALIAS&name=alias&collections=collection1,collection2,…
>
> You also have action=DELETEALIAS
>
> CREATEALIAS will create and update.
>
> For update requests, you only want a 1to1 alias. For read requests, you can map 1to1
or 1toN.

> I've also started work on shard level aliases, but I've yet to get back to finishing
it.

> - Mark
>
> On Apr 7, 2013, at 5:10 PM, Tim Vaillancourt<tim@elementspace.com>  wrote:
>
>> I aim to use this feature in more in testing soon. I'll be sure to doc what I can.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tim

>>> Yeah, I've stopped updating the wiki for a while now looking back - paralysis
on how to handle versions (I didn't want to do the std 'this applies to 4.1', 'this applied
to 4.0' all over the page) and the current likely move to a new Confluence wiki with Docs
based on documentation LucidWorks recently donated to the project.