lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Miguel <miguel.valen...@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: conditional queries?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 15:56:51 GMT
I not sure, but you can create a class extend of SearchComponent and
include at the least of your requesthandler and in this way add optional
actions about whatever query on your solr server.
Example solrconfig.xml
  <requestHandler
  <arr name="last-components">
       <str>actions</str>
     </arr>
  </requestHandler>

  <searchComponent name="actions" class=" HERE YOUR CLASS" >
     <str name="params">....</str>
   </searchComponent>

Regars

El 09/04/2013 17:05, Walter Underwood escribió:
> We do this on the client side with multiple queries. It is fairly efficient, because
most responses are from the first, exact query.

> wunder
>
> On Apr 9, 2013, at 6:15 AM, Koji Sekiguchi wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>>> Is it possible to do a conditional query if another query has no results?  For
example, say I want to search against a given field for:

>>> - Search for "car".  If there are results, return them.
>>> - Else, search for "car*" .  If there are results, return them.
>>> - Else, search for "car~" .  If there are results, return them.
>>>
>>> Is this possible in one query?  Or would I need to make 3 separate queries by
implementing this logic within my client?