lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Massimiliano Ruocco <ruo...@idi.ntnu.no>
Subject Execution of Queries in Parallel: geotagged textual documents in Solrvvvv
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 15:10:53 GMT
I have around 100M of textual document geotagged (lat,long). THese
documents are indexed with Solr 1.4. I am testing a retrieval model
(written over Terrier). This model requires frequent execution of
queries ( Bounding-box filter). These queries could be executed in
parallel, one for each specific geographic tile.

I was wondering if exists a solution speeding up the execution of
queries in parallel. My naif idea is Split the index in many parts
according the geographical tiles (how to do that? SolrCloud? Solr Index
Replication? What is the max number of eventual replication?)

Any practical further suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Massimiliano