lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From SandeepM <skmi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: DirectSolrSpellChecker : vastly varying spellcheck QTime times.
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:12:31 GMT

One of our main concerns is the solr returns the best match based on what it
thinks is the best.  It uses Levenshtein's distance metrics to determine the
best suggestions.   Can we tune this to put more weightage on the number of
frequency/hits vs the number of edits ?   If we can tune this, suggestions
would seem more relevant when corrected.    Also, if we can do this while
keeping maxCollation = 1 and maxCollationTries = "some reasonable number so
that QTime does not go out of control" that will be great!

Any insights into this would be great. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
-- Sandeep