lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From AlexeyK <lex.kudi...@gmail.com>
Subject custom routing in SolrCloud - shard assignment
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 08:47:59 GMT
I'm going to use the implicitdocrouter for sharding. Our sharding is not
based on a hashing mechanism.
As far as I understand, if I don't provide the numShards parameter, implicit
router is used. My question is:
Using the implicit routing, how can I assign a new core to a new shard,
instead of joining an existing one?
Should I provide it explicitly as a part of the solr.xml or parameter to
CoreAdmin?

Can anyone point me to an explanation of the Overseer/State management
stuff? While the general mechanics is clear to me, there are a lot of entry
points and small details with little documentation.

Thanks,
Alexey