lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Montu v Boda <montu.b...@highqsolutions.com>
Subject first time with new keyword, solr take to much time to give the result
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:22:40 GMT
Hi,

when we search with any new keyword at first time then solr 4.2.1 take to
much time to give the result.

we have 5060000 document is index in solr and it's size is 400GB.

now when We search for keyword "test" it will take 1 min to give the
response for 10000 rows.

we fire the query from the java application using solrj client.

this behavior is same with solr 1.4, 3.5 and 4.2.1.

all 400GB data is indexed in one folder called "<Solr Home>\data\index".

after fire the query, when we open the resource management then it will show
that more cost is of Disk I/O

any help would be helpfull to us

Thanks & Regards
Montu v Boda