lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Sub field indexing
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 17:16:49 GMT
Solr does not support querying nested data structures.

If at query time you know the product you want to check compatibility
for, you can use dynamic fields.

Thus, if you want to find products compatible with productB, you could

id: productA
compatible_productB: 1, 5, 6
compatible_productZ: 45, 85, 96

Then you can search for: q=compatible_productB: 5

This will find you all documents that are compatible with productB
version 5.

Upayavira