lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Don't cache filter queries
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:22:58 GMT

: Just add {!cache=false} to the filter in your query
: (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCaching#filterCache).
: > I need to use the filter query feature to filter my results, but I
: > don't want the results cached as documents are added to the index
: > several times per second and the results will be state immediately. Is
: > there any way to disable filter query caching?

Or remove the filterCache config option from your solrconfig.xml if you
really don't want any caching of any filter queries.

Fnrakly though: that's throwing the baby out with the bath water -- just
because you are updating your index super-fast-like doesn't mean you
aren't getting benefts from the caches, particularly from commonly
reused filters which are applied to many qureies which might get
executed concurrently -- not to entnion that a single filter might be
reused multiple times within a single request to solr.

disabling cache *warming* can make a lot of sense in NRT cases, but
eliminating caching alltogether rarely does.

-Hoss