lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: can we configure spellcheck to be invoked after request processing?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 01:07:15 GMT
You can execute search components in any order you want, but their execution
will be unconditional, so you would be best off to invoke spellcheck in your
application layer. In other words, a second call to Solr, but only if no
results were found.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: roz dev
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:33 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: can we configure spellcheck to be invoked after request processing?

Hi All,
I may be asking a stupid question but please bear with me.

Is it possible to configure Spell check to be invoked after Solr has
processed the original query?

My use case is :

I am using DirectSpellChecker and have a document which has "Denim" as a
term and there is another document which has "Jeap".

I am issuing a Search as "Jean" or "Denim"

I am finding that this Solr query is giving me ZERO results and suggesting
"Jeap" as an alternative.

I want Solr to try to run the query for "Jean" or "Denim" and if there are
no results found then only suggest "Jeap" as an alternative

Is this doable in Solr?

Any suggestions.

-Saroj