lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Van Tassell, Kristian" <kristian.vantass...@siemens.com>
Subject What to expect when testing Japanese search index
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:01:38 GMT
I’m trying to set up our search index to handle Japanese data, and while some searches yield
results, others do not. This is especially true the smaller the search term.

For example, searching for this term: 更

Yields no results even though I know it appears in the text. I understand that this character
alone may not be a full word without further context, and thus, perhaps it should not return
a hit(?).

What about putting a star after it? 更*

Should that return hits? I had been using the text_ja boilerplate setup, but wonder if a bigram
(text_cjk) may work better for my non-Japanese speaking testing phase. Thanks in advance for
any insight!