lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From roz dev <rozde...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we manipulate termfreq to count as 1 for multiple matches?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 23:43:36 GMT
Hi All

I am wondering if there is a way to alter term frequency of a certain field
as 1, even if there are multiple matches in that document?

Use Case is:

Let's say that I have a document with 2 fields

- Name and
- Description

And, there is a document with data like this

Document_1
Name = Blue Jeans
Description = This jeans is very soft.  Jeans is pretty nice.

Now, If I Search for "Jeans" then "Jeans" is found in 2 places in
Description field.

Term Frequency for Description is 2

I want Solr to count term frequency for Description as 1 even if "Jeans" is
found multiple times in this field.

For all other fields, i do want to get the term frequency, as it is.

Is this doable in Solr with any of the functions?

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks
Saroj