lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to optimize live production server SOLR Index
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:20:42 GMT
Hello,

Unless you have a strong reason to optimize it, don't do it. :)  Check
http://search-lucene.com/?q=solr+wunder+optimize (hi Wunder!)

Also, if you are using Solr in SolrCloud mode, you may want to move to
Solr 4.2.x - we found Solr 4.0 in SoldCloud mode to be problematic.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM, A Geek <dw.90@live.com> wrote:
> Hi All, I'm pretty new to SOLR. Currently I'm using SOLR 4.0 version and we've two indexes
one with size around 30Gig and another with size 180 Gig . Each contains more than a million
records. I was wondering what is the best way to optimize the Index, and keep serving to user
request and also while the backend indexer keeps adding new documents through SOLR commits.
Please share your ideas and opinions, any precaution to be taken while running the optimize
etc.