lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jam Luo <cooljam2...@gmail.com>
Subject How to add shard in 4.2-snapshot
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:23:39 GMT
Hi
I use the 4.2-snapshot version, git sha id is
f4502778b263849a827e89e45d37b33861f225f9 . I deploy a cluster by SolrCloud,
there is 3 node,one core per node,they are in defferent shard. the JVM
argument is -DnumShards=3.
Now I must add mechine and add shard, but I start new solr instance and
change the argument numShards=4, the count of shard  do not change.

How to add shard in this version? In 4.0, I increase numShards, the new
solr instance will in a new shard, but now it is inoperative.