lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Bitwise operation
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:36:54 GMT
Don't try to optimize something which is not a problem.

This is what "everyone" does - update documents when ACLs for those documents change, even
with multi-million documents. It works like a charm. Or do you have a special usecase where
permissions for an average document changes several times a day? If not, you should be fine!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

20. mars 2013 kl. 10:01 skrev Christopher ARZUR <christopher.arzur@cognix-systems.com>:

> Hello and thank you for your answers.
> I'll try to explain my problem a little better:
>
> The goal is to manage ACLs via Solr without reindex the documents at each change of permission.
I have hundreds of thousands of documents, users and groups and permissions (allow / denied)
or each of these groups of these users.

> I read a lot of things about this and it seems that the binary compraison is the best
solution ... but I may be wrong :/

> To do this I saw a plugin here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1913 with
an example of this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10HuqHkYjaEm6Q2ZrRCI0QQMLbbqtRv_NXDHcTjfCRfU/edit?
fold = 1

> Unfortunately I have not managed to successfully install the plugin although I followed
the steps it seems ...

> At the moment I left on a solution that is to use dynamic boolean fields but I'm afraid
to face performance issues on important volumetries in terms of documents and fees.

> I hope I have been more specific, I await your ideas because I'm not having chosen the
right solution ... small clarification: I discovered solr only a few months ago: s