lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Backtick character in field values, and results
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 05:15:19 GMT
On 2/28/2013 5:39 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> ICUFoldingFilterFactory is "folding" the backtick (grave accent).
>
> See admin/analysis page, it's a lifesaver in these situations!

Is this the way it's supposed to behave?  From what I could tell in my
look at the analysis page, it is folding the backtick into nothing.  It
happens on both 3.5.0 and 4.2-SNAPSHOT.

The filter doesn't seem to have this behavior with any of the "regular"
punctuation that I have tested.  I use the ICUFoldingFilterFactory in my
schema for most of my fields.

Thanks,
Shawn