lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP Address as number
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 00:24:19 GMT
Not really, non text fields really don't get an analysis chain. The
simplest thing would probably be to use copyField and store it both
textually and as a numeric. You could handle that  on the indexing side
from the client or by writing an update component.

But IPv4 addresses are really just 32-bit numbers, so couldn't you just
store them as numerics and have your front-end format them as pretty text
to display?

Best
Erick