lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Saip <sebastian.s...@gmail.com>
Subject difference between q=field:"value1 value2" and q=field:value1 value2
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 23:03:13 GMT
Hi there,

I'm implementing a didYouMean in Java, which will returns collated terms.
Unfortunately, the only way (?) to retrieve those collated terms is by
"getCollationQueryString()", which will look something like this:
input for my query: atricle test
my final query: (field1:atricle test OR field2:atricle test OR ...)
getCollationQueryString: (field1:article test OR field2:article test OR ...
)

So far so good, I could just regex/match the "article test" out of it, but
my queries are not always the same (e.g. field1 or field2 are not searched
on everytime), so this requires a bit of work..

Therefore (and to come to my actual problem), I thought I'll just add
double-quotes around my searchterm, making it easier to extract the
corrected terms from the getCollationQueryString():

input for my query: atricle test
my final query: (field1:"atricle test" OR field2:"atricle test" OR ...)
getCollationQueryString: (field1:"article test" OR field2:"article test" OR
... )

---

Now the problem is, that I'm getting different results for:
>> (field1:article test OR field2:article test OR ... )
and
>> (field1:"article test" OR field2:"article test" OR ... )

All fields are of "text_en" and I want to have partial matches (so the
terms don't have to be consecutive)

Is there any way (parameter or whatever) to get this bevahiour although I'm
using double-quotes around it?
Or even easier/better .. Is there any way to get the collation term
("article test"), rather than the whole query?

Cheers!