lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (info)solrCloud swap core query lost data and cannot insert data
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 02:02:40 GMT
Swap is unsupported - really it should throw an exception right now.

There is a JIRA issue to add support for swap in SolrCloud mode of some kind.

- Mark

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:59 PM, Rollin.R.Ma (lab.sh04.Newegg) 41099 <Rollin.R.Ma@newegg.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
>      I am a newer to solrCloud, I use solr4.1 solrCloud and swap core to change index.
> For example
>
> (1)     Collection1 has 2 shards and collection2 same to collection1.
>
> (2)     Add content to collection2
>
> (3)     Swap collection1 & collection2
>
> (4)     Query collection1 (below ), sometimes lost data and use solrj CloudSolrServer
cannot insert data(detail in attachment)! I don’t know why?

> http://host:8983/solr/collection1/select?q=*:*
>
>      I want to know if swap core is a good way to change index in solrCloud environment.
And there are some others way to insert big data index in solrCloud.