lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "David Quarterman" <da...@corexe.com>
Subject RE: If we Open Source our platform, would it be interesting to you?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:06:46 GMT
Hi Marcelo,

Looked through your site and the framework looks very powerful as an aggregator. We do a lot
of data aggregation from many different sources in many different formats (XML, JSON, text,
CSV, etc) using RDBMS as the main repository for eventual SOLR indexing. A 'one-stop-shop'
for all this would be very appealing.

Have you looked at products like Talend & Jitterbit? These offer transformation from almost
anything to almost anything using graphical interfaces (Jitterbit is better) and a PHP-like
coding format for trickier work. If you (or somebody) could add a graphical interface, the
world would beat a path to your door!

Regards,

DQ

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcelo Elias Del Valle [mailto:marcelo@s1mbi0se.com.br]
Sent: 20 February 2013 18:18
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: If we Open Source our platform, would it be interesting to you?

Hello All,

I’m sending this email because I think it may be interesting for Solr users, as this project
have a strong usage of Solr platform.

We are strongly considering opening the source of our DMP (Data Management Platform), if it
proves to be technically interesting to other developers / companies.

More details: http://www.s1mbi0se.com/s1mbi0se_DMP.html

All comments, questions and critics happening at HN:
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5251780

Please, feel free to send questions, comments and critics... We will try to reply them all.

Regards,
Marcelo