lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr3.5 Vs Solr4.1 - Help please
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:08:16 GMT
On 2/28/2013 5:48 AM, adityab wrote:
> Well i did another test. Copied the Index files from perf lab to Dev machine
> which has Solr4.1
> Now ran solrmeter to generate load on Dev server. We were able to drive the
> QPS upto 150 with CPU on avg 35%. but the same index is generating 100% CPU
> at 1 QPS in perf lab.
>
> On a side note. has "fl" parameter to do anything with this? coz with my
> test using solrmeter i used fl=*,score and q=masterId:xxxx. Where as in perf
> lab they have fixed 10 field names in "fl".

I have seen some anectodal evidence that including 'score' in fl makes
things very slow -- people mentioning things in IRC and the mailing
list, not sure which because they all blend together in my mind.

I don't think any of those claims have been verified, so you might try
removing the fl parameter from the system where it is set to *,score.
If you see a big performance jump, then there may be something to it.

Thanks,
Shawn