lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Edismax odd results
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:32:06 GMT
On 2/19/2013 11:16 AM, David Quarterman wrote:
> This is definitely driving us mad now! Changed to PorterStemming and there's very little
difference.

> If we add fq=engineer, we get 0 results. Add fq=engineer* and we get the 90 in the system.
Try with fq=ankle* and we get 2. Correct. Try with fq=harness* and we get 0!

> The stemming reduces 'engineer' to 'engin' so I'd have expected a lot more results.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

Did you completely reindex when you changed your schema?  You must reindex.

Does the index analysis match the query analysis?  Some specific
differences are allowed (and sometimes encouraged), but stemming must be
done to both.  Can you share your schema?  Use a paste website like
pastie.org for that.

Thanks,
Shawn