lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Start solr from different folder / .Net code
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 04:52:17 GMT
On 2/15/2013 3:55 PM, Kiran J wrote:
> How can I start Solr from a different folder in Windows ? I tried
>
> *java -cp "c:\<solr..path>\start.jar" -jar start.jar*

I think you'd want:

java -Djetty.home=c:\path -jar c:\path\start.jar

Note that the solr.solr.home property will default to .\solr ... in
which it will try to find solr.xml to load your cores.  If that is not
found, it will look for a directory called collection1\conf within
solr.solr.home (which again defaults to .\solr), where it expects to
find solrconfig.xml, schema.xml, and possibly other config files.  A
fully qualified start command that is started in a different directory
than start.jar would look somewhat like the following:

http://fpaste.org/1c2g/

Something else to keep in mind: unless you are dealing with a very small
index, you're likely to need additional java options for max heap and
garbage collection tuning.

Thanks,
Shawn