lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Really bad query performance for date range queries
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 22:53:27 GMT
On 2/5/2013 3:19 PM, Petersen, Robert wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> I've looked at the xing JVM before but don't use it.  jHiccup looks like a really useful
tool.  Can you tell us how you are starting it up?  Do you start it wrapping the app container
(ie tomcat / jetty)?

Instead of just calling /usr/bin/java , I use this in my init script
(homegrown for the jetty included in Solr):

/usr/local/bin/jHiccup /usr/bin/java

The jHiccup shell script is in /usr/local/bin, and the two jar files
included in the download are in /usr/local/bin/bin.

The shell script that's included looks like it works under cygwin, so
you could run it on Windows as long as you've got that.  The rest of the
shell script looks too complex to easily convert to a Windows batch file.

Thanks,
Shawn