lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Á_____o <chachime...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: Combining Solr score with customized user ratings for a document
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:44:19 GMT
Chris Hostetter-3 wrote
> Perhaps what you are refering to is the idea that if you wnat the "score"
> to remain purely about relevancy, you can still opionally sort on the
> results of this function, by using the function solely in your sort -- the
> only thing that tends to confuse people here is how you refer back to the
> original query in that "sort by function" command...
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201206.mbox/%3Calpine.DEB.2.00.1206111242260.17925@bester%3E
>
> or in your case, something like this would return the both the raw
> score, and your custom rating, but it would sort on the product of those
> two values...
>
> ?q=text:grapa&fl=id,score,rating(usuario1)&sort=product(rating(usuario1),query($q)

I didn't understand you in your previous post but now it's completely clear.
I don't really need the relevancy, so my query is fine. :)

Chris Hostetter-3 wrote
> : Which is the best place to do it? I think I would query the DB/cache
> just
> : when the custom ValueSource is created in the ValueSourceParser's parse
>
> That might makes sense, but becareful where you put this cache data --
> if it's part of the ValueSource then whenever that ValueSource is used in
> a FunctionQuery (ie: "{!boost b=rating(usuario1)}text:grapa" it will be
> part of the cache key for the queryResultCache or filterCache -- so having
> large data structures in your ValueSource could eat up a lot of RAM.  Take
> a look at src/docs/differences between the ValueSource class and the
> FunctionValues class

OK that's something I'll have to check... I might reduce the size of the
rating map just to the most significant values to save some memory, or
remove completely the cache because, as I said, the ratings are extracted
from a properly indexed MySQL DB's table in the same Server as Solr is so -i
think (and hope) - the access to them shouldn't be too slow.

Well, definitely you have helped me a lot and I can now move to other issues
of the proyect ;)
THANKS both Hoss and Tim!!!

Regards,
Álvaro