lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bing Hua <bh...@cornell.edu>
Subject How to define a lowercase fieldtype without tokenizer
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:11:39 GMT
Hi,

I don't want the field to be tokenized because Solr doesn't support sorting
on a tokenized field. In order to do case insensitive sorting I need to copy
a field to a lowercase but not tokenized field. How to define this?

I did below but it says I need to specify a tokenizer or a class for
analyzer.

<fieldType name="text_lowercase" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
			<analyzer type="index">
			</analyzer>
			<analyzer type="query">